This individual will provide engineering support as well as operational support of the company Production, UAT, and Test environments.The qualified candidate will assert him/herself into complex project assignments where he/she will represent the Database team in all dialogue and decisions around the architecture, deployment, and/or management of database environments. The individual will also take a role in the definition of operational best practices and automation of operational tasks. To succeed at this function requires the individual to present subject-matter expertise on the MySQL platform with real world experience performing field operations support.
- Must have 5 or more years of experience in database administration using mysql.
- Strong performance tuning skills in a very large database environment.
- Ability to trace and analyze results, then to recommend options for problem resolution.
- Expertise with maintaining db servers.
- Experience with database encryption and backup/recovery methodologies.
- Experience in High Availability technologies like clustering, Replication and load balancing.
- Experience with other db technologies like Amazon Aurora, MSSQL,Redshift, Dynamodb is a plus.
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, RDS, SQL Azure etc.
- Experience with migration of dbs from to other db platforms.
- Must have superior problem-solving skills with extremely high levels of initiative and assertiveness.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Must be able to organize work efficiently and work well under stress, changing priorities, and time constraints.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with a specialization in relational database management systems.